NADSN at the PurpleSpace Launch Party
Tuesday 6th October 2015
Kate Nash OBE very kindly invited members of the NADSN Founding Steering Group to attend the Launch Party for the new PurpleSpace initiative. This took place on the evening of Tuesday 6th October 2015 in central London. A press release about this launch is now available here.
PurpleSpace is a new online support and learning hub for disability network leaders and employees. The resource is being created by Kate Nash Associates and supported by organisations across the public and private sector. It will provide a focal point for sharing best practice in the delivery of networks as vibrant vehicles for organisational change.
PurpleSpace will showcase the often unseen talent heading up networks across the employers’ community. Their work is making it easier for people to bring their authentic selves to work, ask for the adjustments they need and flourish in their chosen career.
The on-line platform will be unveiled at this party and “In The Chair”, launched. This new publication is about how to create a successful in-house disability network. It features top tips for running powerful networks from some of the most successful in-house change agents in the UK.
NADSN is very excited to be part of PurpleSpace. The following members of the NADSN Founding Steering Group will be attending this event:
- Dr Hamied Haroon – Founder & Convenor, NADSN – Co-Chair, Disabled Staff Network, The University of Manchester
- Jacquie Nicholson – Convenor, Disabled Staff Network, University of Edinburgh
- Linda Robson – Co-Chair, EnablingStaff@OU, The Open University
- Melanie Sharpe – Co-Chair, Disabled Staff Network, The University of Manchester
- Mona Patel – E&D Advisor, Disabled Staff Forum, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr Nicola Martin – Director, NADP – Principal Lecturer, London South Bank University
- Paul Bepey – Chair, BBC Ability, British Broadcasting Corporation
- Stuart Moore – Advisor, AHEAD, Health Education England
The PurpleSpace Launch Party will follow the second meeting of the NADSN Founding Steering Group
- Time: 3pm – 5pm
- Venue: Russell Square, London
Steering group members are warmly invited to attend this meeting, and will be contacted directly with details.